Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Help with Skippy's hot dogs

I am new to paper models and I need HELP. Could someone, anyone please tell me how to attach the side walls to the front so the roof and floor are not to short to attach to the back wall.. I have no idea how to do it. If you have a diagram it would be great. H E L L L L L P
Thanks
December 5, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Hi Ron, I double checked the pieces and they do fit as intended. I can't post a picture at the moment, but I will try to describe the way the roof folds.
The first thing to do after you cut the roof out is to fold the rear edge down. This forms the drip edge over the back wall.
Next , at the front end of the roof, right where the side tabs end, fold the roof (where it narrows in) UP.
Next, where that narrow portion of the roof meets the wider white portion (closest to the tab) fold the white piece DOWM.
Finally fold the front tab DOWN.
When looking at the roof piece from the side, it kind of forms a Z.
You didn't ask about the side folds, but the black portion folds UP, the white folds DOWN and the tab folds DOWN. The side kind of looks like an inverted channel.
If this doesn't help, please give me a call on the phone.
Dave
December 5, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
I had the same problem with my build. So, I just reprinted the kit to double check. Sorry Dave, but in the HO kit the floor and roof are about a half inch shorter than the side walls. (This is pretty much the same length as the different colored bricks at the leading edge of the side walls.) I ended up inserting scrap material to both.
December 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterKen Plum
THANK YOU KEN. I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK I HAD A MAJOR PERCEPTION PROBLEM. I ENDED UP DOING THE SAME THING AS YOU AND USED PARTS FROM OTHER TRIES TO MAKE AN ACCEPTABLE BUILDING.
December 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Ron & Ken and everyone else. Let me start off with apologies all around. After extensive research, I find that you are right and wrong. You are right that the parts you have don't fit the way they are intended. BUT it's not that the Roof and Floor are too short. Actually, the side walls are too long. They are actually too tall also. It is only the files for the HO version of the kit that is on the HO 1st. Street DVD. That's why it has taken us so long to finally agree with you.

We had to go through the Download files for O, S, HO and N as well as the O and HO DVD's. The only files that didn't check out were the ones on the HO DVD. (I hope you guys are not going to tell me that you got them somewhere else than on the disc.) The two side walls somehow (and we are still trying to figure this one out) are a good 20% too big.

So to everyone else who has purchased an HO 1st street DVD, if you contact us at <mize1@sbcglobal.net> with name address and email we will send you the corrected files as soon as we get them done. Should be within the next week or so.

Ron (and Ken), I'm really sorry if I made you a bit crazy. The files I checked when I answered your earlier posts were after I checked the master O scale files. I thought that would be sufficient as the HO files are based on the O ones. We are still stumped as to how this happened and if there is a way to track this, we will figure it out. We really do try to make sure our quality is the best we can make it. Alas, sometimes we fail.

Obviously, we will see to it that you get the new files, but we will also be contacting you privately to see if there something else you might like.

So, sorry to all affected by this. We promise to do better.
Dave & Thom
December 11, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski