Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Warehouse Flat Problem

I finished cutting out the overlay for the front of the warehouse (the concrete horizontals and verticals), lined things up and found that the cutout for the enty door is shifted to the right by about .100". I have double checked everything that I did and the mismatch is still there.
April 4, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterPeter B
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
April 4, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Peter
I've looked through all your contacts and I can't see where you mention what scale you are working in. First, you are correct in that the warehouse door does not line up correctly. I am amazed that no one else has brought this up before. From your statement saying that is a tenth of an inch off, I guessing that you are building in O scale. I have a corrected page. If you will give me you email address, I will send it to you.
April 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Dave,
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, O scale is correct. E-mail is peterbrn@zoomtown.com
April 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterPeter B
Dave,
Thanks again. I received the e-mail with the updated file. Things fit much better.

Peter
April 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterPeter B
Dave,,
Is this the "S19 THE WAREHOUSE" model, or something else? I'm looking at the file and not understanding where the error is. Can you post an illustration of the problem?
JT
April 6, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJT
No, that model is fine. There is a 5 story warehouse low relief kit on the O scale Brick disc that has a door shifted out of alignment with the wall trim layer. I have to check if it is the same on the HO disc and then fix whatever is wrong. I've already got the O scale done. I just haven't had time to get to the HO file. And before you ask, no, there are no pictures available. It's just one of those things we surprise you with when you buy DVD or Collections.
April 6, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Hi,

I have that model in HO and it looks like it is OK.

I do have a question about printing it. The first page has a comment in red at the top of the page that says "Print on 8.5 x 14" card stock", does that mean all pages (5 of them) or just that page?

I had never thought about using that model before but have an ideas for a "Bash" using the walls.

Thanks.
April 9, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterBill Fornshell
My comment above is in reference to the HO scale Warehouse Flat.
Hi Bill
Yes, all of the pages should be on 8-1/2 x 14 paper and no, the HO kit is fine, it's only the O scale kit that has the problem. The man door is slightly off from the concrete overlay. I have it fixed and will be putting it up on the FREEBIES page as soon as I get time. If anyone needs it now, I can send it.
Back to the 8-1/2 x 14 paper, I usually do 2 things. I sometimes get 11 x 17 and cut it down or I butt join 2, 8-1/2 x 11 sheets on the back side with clear packing tape. The 2 inch wide stuff. Line the edges up really good and have someone hold them together while you tape it. Trim the tape and you won't even see the line. I know it sounds weird, but you have to see it to believe it. Don't bother trimming the length. Your printer won't know the difference. Also make sure that there are no obstructions where you printer discharges the sheet. If the paper bumps something, it might cause a jam.
April 9, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
About paper:) Hammermill International manufactures paper in various weights in the 8.5 X 14" format.

See, no butting and taping required. At Hammermills web site they state that all products are made in the USA.

Happy hunting

John
April 9, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Thanks Dave and John for the quick reply.

I thought I had some 8.5" x 14" card stock but must have used it all.

I took a piece of 11" x 17" and cut it down to 8.5" x 14". Most all of my paper products are IP Products. I even worked for IP at one of their Paper Mills in Natchez, MS. for a few years.

I then set my printer for Legal size paper and just ran it. It came out fine.
The corrected page, which moves the door over to line up with the concrete overlay, is on the FREEBIES page.
April 11, 2015 | Registered CommenterDave