Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Digital die cutting

We are now a Gazelle dealer. this is a pretty powerful cutting tool. You can think of it as a mechanical laser cutter. It's biggest drawback is it's PINK.
February 24, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom<
I'm clueless, fill me in......

Mitch
February 24, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterMitch
maybe the best thing I can say is to do a search for digital die cutting.
It's like a plotter or printer with a blade. It will do all of your precision cutting for you. there is software that will allow you to design shapes or create cutting layouts (we would be offering those as well) in addition there is a mode that will sence where the printed edge is and auto cut the shape.
How many hours would that save.

The Gazelle is considered a mid lever die cutter. that is it has pretty good functionality and most importantly a lot of cutting force so it will cut heavy cardstock and even thin plastic and wood. a machine of less then 500 grams of force probably would not work for our needs. there is another die cutter called a Klick N Kut that has even more features that I want to offer. It has 700 g of force and will also emboss. If we can arrange a deal it will sell for between $700 and $800. Consider the cheapest laser that will work for us is $7000.00 and you see what a great deal this is. I'm noticing that more then a few modelers are buying lasers for their personal use. Because of the embossing feature I think these die cutting machines might be even better for hobbyists.
February 25, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
AHHH, so we will be seeing kits soon......
February 25, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterMitch
I may be able to make a very special offer to one or two modelers. I have been in conversation with the people behind the Gazelle cutter and I can sell a couple of cutters at cost + shipping, this is special because as a business they don't want to open the flood gates that might undercut other resellers. this machine sells for over $500 and can be had in some locations for around $430. That's the cheapest they allow but I can sell perhaps 3 machines at less then that. I can't say how much less here but If you are seriously interested, lets talk off line.

Thom
tanimate@gmail.com
March 4, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
News flash......
We are now ALSO going to be able to offer the KNK max and entire KNK line of digital die cutters. With this added tool we will be covering the whole range of pro level die cutters. The KNK is even more powerful then the Gazelle with a cut force of 950 grams.
Recently I have been able to confirm several suspicions about the accuracy of these cutters. I am still awaiting further tests but early results are more than promising.
Price for the KNK is still not resolved but like the Gazelle we will be selling the first 2 or three machines at a super low cost.

thom
March 14, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
I've been soliciting information and opinions from a lot of model building forums about die cutting. The responses have been wide ranging and interesting.
Seems a lot of modelers are so set in their ways that they are asking about cutting wood and plastic. Wood and plastic, wood and plastic, I've even had one gut try to compare a $150 cutter, basically a toy, to a $6000 laser and pronounce all die cutters inferior. When will the main stream see the light? These digital cutters are poised to change the game and put card stock on top.
Every day I think of other non obvious ways to use these machines.
We'', we're getting closer to making some final calls on this. I am awaiting a couple of tests and if they show what I hope and believe they will it will time to pull the trigger.
Keep your eyes and minds open.
March 18, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
I swear I'll shoot.
I have pre-sold 3 KNK maxx digital die cutters. If you want in on this you will need to contact me this week (I had previously quoted a price around $700, It will be considerably less then that). I will likely place the order next week.
The Gazelle cutters are currently back ordered so there is less pressure. We will still take advance orders for these. Current availability is 3 months. The price including shipping will be about $325. I can sell 3 machines at this price, then they will be about $440 (usually $500). (still a good price for this machine)
These are more expensive then the typical cutters you might see in a crafting store but these are very capable machines and include the pattern design software. Even the CraftRobo, which is probably the best known of the under $250 die cutter out there is only about half the power and capability.
Why are we targeting the bigger, heavier machines? You might be able to cut useful parts on a craft robo but you would be pushing it to the failure point. Modelers tend to push their tools and discover new uses for them. We choose to push the limits back as far as possible. The Gazelle and the KNK Maxx represent two ends of the upper tier of personnel digital die cutting.

Thom 773 844 3072
March 29, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
I am interested in purchasing a cutter. Could you please send the pricing info for both the KNK and the Gazelle as well as expected delivery times? Thank you.
April 2, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJoyce P
Joyce, what size cutter are you interested in. i can get any of the KNK. call for prices. If you want the 24" I can get a super deal. most want the 13" I can get what ever you want. I am not allowed to publish the price I sell them for. It's considerably less then you will find any where.
Thom
773 844 3072
April 4, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Time to pull the trigger.
May 2, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Hello Thom

I have been looking at videos of the Klik-n-Kut online and it looks pretty impressive.

Do you have any more info or pictures of tests or projects you have used KNK with?

Thanks

Aaron
June 29, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterAaron Ionta