Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Help with Detailing

Howdy, its been a while since my last post because I finally landed a job so maybe may modeling dollars will start going in the right direction for a change. This brings me to my topic "Help with detailing", I'm in the process of doing some minor signage modification to "Cream City Tool Works" turning it into "Happy Moose Winery". The help I'm looking for would also apply to most industrial buildings "How do I go about adding those details that make the building look true to life?" I've also been looking for photos showing Railroad Ice House's without much luck. I'm going to remake my Tulsa Trolley Barn into a Ice House but again I'm looking for things that would be on or around an ice house to make it look real.
May 11, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterSteven
back when I was doing research for the jefferson ice co.(the real building id now gone) there were mysterious remnants of a foundation that has once held a good size horizontal tank. I know that they use ammonia to make commercial ice and perhaps there was a tank for it. I would think there would also be a large condenser. But I am speculating.

Thom
May 12, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
IN April of 'Railroad Model Craftman"They stared part one one Ice house.There are picture and drawing.It will be cont.in June issue.
May 13, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterED Boulton