Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Getting tired

I spent nearly 10 minutes trying to get to the clever models web site today, but as soon as the page would load I would be sent to the following page automatically:
http://hub.webring.org/hub/ngmodrly

I'm sure these folks either don't know about this problem or its their way of increasing trarric to their web site, but I for one don't appriciate it.
May 27, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterSteven
We have tried repeatedly to hunt this down. even contacting the web ring people has been fruitless. I know its frustrating.

Thom M
May 27, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Steven, you are not alone. This happens to me almost every other time I try to access Clever Models site. I try over and over and eventually I get on. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone but sorry you have to put up with the grief also. John
May 27, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Fleming
Just so you know this is not our doing. we try to get rid of it but it is apparently hidden some where in our web page code.
Thom
May 28, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Why dont you change your host? I have fought with this many times as well. If it were my company I would be livid.
August 6, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterBen
As an FYI, I was on another website hosted by this same group, and it pushed me to another of their ebrings, albeit a different topic. They have some sort of annoying scam-like auto-forwarder running and I would dump them tomorrow. There are many decent hosts out there that dont pull this sort of crud.
August 8, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterBen
Ben, It's not our host who has been doing this. It's webring. I was able to contact them and requested that they stop and they seem to have done so. I know i havent experienced the problem in some time.
Thom
August 9, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
I guess I meant to say 'dump the webring' then. I'm just saying that if this is a common practice they have (and it seems to be) I dont think I would participate with their webring until they fix it.

just sayin. :)
August 11, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterBen
Ben, I think your right it does seem to be something they try to slip by. Are you still getting kicked over there. I made a formal request to stop and haven't personally had the problem for a wile. Might just be luck though. In general i see the value of webring. I'd like to keep it available as a link but if it continues to cause problems, I'll drop it.

Thom
August 12, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave