Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Quonset Hut Completed

I just completed the quonset hut model in HO. This model represents the RainDot Mining Company's equipment shed. RainDot Mining is located on the Crabtree Branch of the Tradewater & Western RR. I am providing a link to view the model below.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/architectural-models/15544-clever-models-quonset-hut.html
July 14, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Volker
It looks like you got good results.
We'd like more pix when you get it on your layout.
Thom
July 14, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
you posted your results to a closed site, it doesn't further your viewing, instead post to clever's
Say, John has posted to model forum. If you sign up (JOIN) you would be able to see all posts and make comments there, John
July 16, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
As best I can tell Clever's site doesn't support images unless you send the image to them and then they post on their blog. I posted to Paper Modeler to gain the biggest exposure and to share with the greatest number of modelers. I put a link to the site and it is a good source for paper card modelers (not pushing the site).
July 16, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Volker
I'll post a pic as soon as I can in the blog. i have more then a few to post.
Thom
July 18, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
John,

My father was a master sargent during WWII and at that time he was involved with the maint of aircraft in the Pacific theater.

After hosilities ceased he was stationed in Japan and soon as he could he brought his family to Japan.

We lived in quonest huts. Somewhat modified but still a quonset. Later in life when I was in the Army (Korea) I once again lived in a quonset hut. Bare bones but it did have a pot belly stove.

If you are interested I could post a few photos.

John
July 20, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
I'd like some photos John. i think the quonset hut is due for an revision/upgrade.
Thom
July 20, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterthom
Thom,

I have e-mailed some photos to you.

John
July 31, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Got the pix John. your in. Thanks
Thom
August 1, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave