Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Banding in N scale Old Brick TN-005

I recently download Old Brick (TN-005). I must be doing something wrong, viewing the pdf on screen evidences significant banding both horizontally and vertically. I tried printing it on a very high quality laser, the print out evidences the same characteristics. I wanted to use this for a fairly long commercial building, but the banding in both directions basically makes that not possible.

Any suggestions?
July 30, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterBill H
Bill, let me run some tests to see what results I get. we will do everything possible. perhaps the file has become damaged in some way.
Thom M
July 31, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Bill, If you will send me your email address I will send you a new image file.
I believe the banding you are experiencing is the unavoidable pattern repeat that becomes even more noticeable in small scales. I have gone back to the original source file and made significant changes, doubling the resolution. Adding sharpening and a random pattern to minimize the tiling effect. many of these tools were not available at the time we created this file. To be clear the pattern is still there but much less noticible. It should work for your need.
Thom M
July 31, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
I've seen some banding at times, as well. In my experience, it comes when I don't set the printer correctly. I HAVE to tell the printer to create a photo on cardstock to avoid the banding. If I just use the "auto" settings on the printer, I almost always get the banding.

Jim
August 1, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore