Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Printers and scanners

Recently I had a leaky roof. This in turn caused me to lose my old standby HP all in one printer. Basically the printer drowned due to the leak.

Not having much money to spare I went shopping on the net. At long last I came acrose a printer/scanner for $27. I then checked around at the big box stores in my area and found that both Walmart and Sam's club stocked the item.

So I figured what the heck, for the price I would give it at try.

The printer is made by Canon and the model is PIXMA MP250. It is a printer/copy machine/scanner.

At first I did not like the unit and was tempted to return it. But I thought to myself....John, read the owners manual and go online to check for updates. After doing so and playing around with the unit I really became impressed with this unit.

The unit handles 110 lb paper very well. It is also a very good on ink. A set of ink cartridges goesw a long way.

If anyone is looking for a low cost printer/scanner I highly recommend this machine by Canon.

John
November 24, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Great find John thanks for sharing your info
Thom
November 26, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Earlier this year I bought an HP CP1025nw color laser-jet wireless printer for $179 at Office Depot. I wanted a color printer but have used ink printers and found that either the ink or the print heads always dried out and had to be replaced. This printer has none of the problems. It handles card stock with no problems. Plus, I can print from my laptop anywhere in the house via the wireless network, which is pretty convenient. The cartridges are not cheap, about $50, but sooner or later discounters will start selling them for less. In 8 months of printing I have had to replace only the black cartridge. I recommend it if you want a good color laser-jet printer at a reasonable cost.
November 27, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJim Bisbee