Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > New kits

Just a couple of weeks ago we made the CN octagonal water tower available. Today we added Kirk's books. Coming soon we will release Beattie's Grocery (its ready to go) an as yet un-named small machine shop (in test building) and a corner (music) store (same style as Kirk's, also being test built).
I just put the final touches on a great lakes lighthouse (HO, got to do the O scale) A second north east style light house is in computer model stage.
Don't forget you contest winners, I can name and send you pre release versions of the lighthouse, the machine shop and a brick version of the mercantile. Any one want to put in a claim.
November 28, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
By the way. that CN tower is on the "wood structures" disk.
I just finished uploading Beattie's grocery to the CM server. that means that bro Dave should be able to make it available in just a few days, as soon as his schedule allows.
All sounds exciting.
November 29, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Thom;
Do models like Kirks books come with an unlettered wall in case we want to use the building as something else, or use our own business name so that the structure is unique to our layout?
December 7, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterRon T
Ron, the kit as it stands right now does not but i am about to change that. from now on all kits will be available with and without graphics where ever possible. I am making that change now and if you have already purchased the kit a free update will be made available.
Some kits like"Cream citl" already have this option.
December 7, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

What a great idea the "with and without" graphics. It will sure save me a lot of time. Thanks.

John
December 9, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Four kits added in as many weeks, And there are more coming. But please don't wait. I'd hate to think we're shooting ourselves in the foot not selling whats out now because people are waiting to see whats coming out later.
December 12, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Say Thom, you are not shooting yourself in the foot. The last kit you released was available once before and I suspect that many of your customers already have. So, please, just keep putting up whatever and I do belive most will download..:))) John
December 12, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Humes
Do you have any teaser shots of the machine shop or lighthouse?
December 12, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterMatt Newman
machine shop pic just went up
December 13, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave
Machine shop notes. Now that we are starting to see the first build, the next stage in the process is incorporating tweaks and mods. For instance, the buttresses on the side have gone through several modifications of different ways to fold them. We try to come up with the method that gives the best results and cleanest seams. We also check the fit allowing for the paper used in the folds and compensate for the stretch or crush. Sometimes I out right blow it in the engineering and Dave finds it in the build.
Sometimes it's an esthetic change. There are three I am considering for the Machine Shop.
1 is adding rows of decorative header bricks just to give the walls a small boost.
2 is making the side shed a bit smaller or at least lower to make the main building look a bit larger.
3 is to add an extra layer of tin siding to the shed.
Thoughts?
One of the things Thom didn't mention, but intuitively picked up on, is that there is supposed to be a double row of brick as a foundation to the side shed. I eliminated it, kind of by accident, but it would have made the shed look even bigger. Eventually, there will be raised battens on the tar paper.
Dave
I made some serious headway on getting Cream City in O scale. I should have it ready this week. It's huge. I have to say thanks to everyone who has downloaded or purchased a DVD this month. I have desperately needed a new computer and sales were good enough that I will be able to fill that need. Thanks to all.
December 28, 2011 | Registered CommenterDave