Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Woodyard Shack Ideas

I've decided to include a SMALL woodyard on my 1950's Southern Railway SMALL HO layout. That should allow me to use some pulpwood racks, a few trucks lined up to unload, and a yard shack of some sort. I'm looking for a suggestion for that shack. I looked at the Clever Models yard shed and mine shed as possibilities, but I couldn't tell exactly how big they are. What would you suggest for an appropriate building?

By the way, Thom and Dave, it might help to have the dimensions of the buildings on ALL "ads"!
January 27, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
Mack,

Themaint shed is apprx 1.5 x 2 in.

Since it is a card stock model it is easy to shorten.

John
January 28, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Thanks John, I think that will work. Just finished downloading.

Also, found the "prototype" online -- not a pulpwood shack, but what the heck:
http://www.gingerb.com/CNJ%20D&H%20Hudson,%20PA,%20Crossing%20Shanty,%20MAY%201,%201967.jpg
January 30, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
Mack Ours comes in a couple of colors. There's one that is just like tho photo and another in green. We are putting out a "Mini disk Line side details 1 and 2" ant they will be on it along with a selection of three other kits + extras
Right now it will be gate houses, electrical box's, several more sheds, a phone box, and a coal loader.
January 30, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

NOW you tell me you're doing a disc! I downloaded the yard shed -- might not be the maint shed that John suggested, but it's small and will probably "do the trick". What I got is the tan-ish clapboard siding, but a picture of the shed with green siding is on the sheet. Did I miss a whole sheet in my download? Actually, the somewhat "aged" shed will work just great.
February 4, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
I'll have to look at that kit to see if your missing anything. if so I will send it.
Thom
February 4, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave