Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > I need a Church

Anyone have a source for a Card Stock Church?
April 9, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterTed
Ted,

Fiddlers Green has several card stock churchs. Perhaps the most interesting one is the Methodest church of Bodie, CA. If you decide on this one I have several color photos of the real one that I could e-mail to you.

John
April 10, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
As a new card modeler I have been using the Fiddler's Green buildings as a foundation on which to overlay the Clever Models sidings and roofing with some success. I have printed out a couple of the Churches and find that sometimes the scale is a little large for HO. I used my printer to downsize the models and then replaced the windows with Grandt Line. Currently I am working on the "Ghost Church" from Barkerville BC.
April 10, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterWeston
Weston, That sounds Like a good idea, mine will be O Scale
April 10, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterTed
One reason we don't have a church is that there are so many out there. i should still do one though. A small country church would be fun. Show us what you come up with from FG. Their nice people.
April 11, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Papermau http://papermau.blogspot.com/ offers a lot of intersting building (including catherdals and churches). They are free. Scale and quality varies. Most of the files are on a file sharing site that offers slow free downloads or fast downloads for a monthly fee. There are also wait times between free downloads I've seen wait times from a few minutes to about an hour).

Many years ago I used FiddlersGreen Old West Town buildings on an NTRAK module. They were a pre-internet printed set that I bought at a hobby shop. They are caricatures, not accurate detailed models, but were very effective. As Weston said they are a good basis for upgrading using Clever textures.

ScaleScenes in England has a stone English Country Church. Their models are very good quality. All are British prototype. I've bought a few of their kits. They also have many textures. Price wise Clever offers more bang for your buck.
April 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDon Schmitt
Ted,

Take another look at Fiddlers Green. Check out the Industrial buildings section. Looks like a few more churchs have been added.

John
April 19, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Anybody close to Fallbrook, California? There was a perfect little wood frame church just outside the back gate of the Naval Weapons Station, that I always thought would make a great model. There are a couple close to me, here in Ohio, that I can get pictures and measurements of.

There are also several of the old one-room schoolhouses still standing. At least one has been restored.

Jim
May 1, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJim
well, lets get some pictures flowing. If you really want it I'll make it. Should only take a day or two. ted you started the thread, send me a picture and i will make the kit. heck I'm doing a pub, might as well do a church.
May 1, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Oh yeah. what should the foot print be?
May 1, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave