Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > New freebies

Just uploaded for your enjoyment an 85' brick chimney and a steel and concrete pier in O and HO.
Enjoy
May 15, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Thank you for the chimney it couldnt come at a better time I am working on a brick yard and it is just what I am looking for Now if I could only get you to consider a beehive kiln to go with it Thanks again Paul
May 15, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
I'm enjoying building the chimney, but I was wondering, what are the steel angles for?
July 6, 2012 | Unregistered Commenterdave
Dave. About 1/3rd of the way down from the top there is an (Optional) wood deck that surrounds the chimney. I have no idea what this is for but i see them all over and it's a nice detail.
the iron angles are supports.
July 7, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
I am really in need of a industrial sized chimney and have never used this type of modeling. However, I cannot find the file under Freebies or Models. Has it been removed? How can I get it?

Thanks!

Brian
October 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBrian
Hey Brian,
I needed a smokestack for a cotton mill and made one from a Clever Bros texture sheet. It was a challenge, but fun nevertheless. Check out the January 6 & 7 entries: http://blacktop-crossing.blogspot.com/
This was before they provided a smokestack model!

Good luck
October 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMack
Brian, Give me a day and I'll put it back up for a week or so.
October 11, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Brian, what scale do you need? I have the HO chimny and will post it in freebies. The O scale one however I fear was the victim of a HD crash a few weeks ago. I have the raw art but reconstructing from that will take time.
October 12, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Just a thought, perhapps some one who previously downloaded the O scale chimney would send it back to me to post. I know there are hundreds of them floating about in the web.
October 12, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Thanks! I'm in O scale.
Brian
October 15, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBrian
So embarrassing not to be able to find the art. I have thousands of pieces of art here and I have a very clear file system. Frustrating.
October 16, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom,

So, I'm not the only one who looses files?!

Mack, your webpage article is what sent me here!

Couldn't I just scale up the HO version?

Brian
October 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBrian
The Chimneys are back in the freebies area
October 18, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Got it! Very much appreciated. Will give it a shot this weekend! Need to read your information on cardstock modeling first......

Thanks again. We'll see how it goes!

Brian
October 18, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBrian