Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Union Hotel

I followed the Harry Brunk articles "Up Clear Creek on the Narrow Gauge" for years in the Narrow Gauge and Short line - Gazette Magazine. The articles were later made into two different hard back books of the same title.

I always like his "Union Hotel" (NGSL-G May/June 1989) and last week decide to build one. Starting with a more or less stock version I plan to made a few changes and see where that goes.

I never really liked the front door on the Union Hotel. Then you came out with "Smitty's Music Shop" with its corner doorway and I had the solution to the door problem. I bought the model and "bashed" the corner doorway onto my second version of the Hotel.

I have a thread started at the freerail.com train forum and you can see it at this link:

http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=4496&forum_id=6

The Hotel walls will be Clever Models cream color brick along with a few other Clever Model bits and pieces.
October 14, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBill Fornshell
Bill,

I just took a peak at your photos. Great work.

John
October 14, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Bill, That looks like a winner. Cant wait to see what you do with it. I'd like you to consider letting us do a kit of it.
October 15, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
I agree with Thom. A kit of the Union Hotel would be perfect for lots of narrow gauge layouts.

Jim
October 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore
I've started the art for this and I can already tell it's going to be a winner.
October 22, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
I worked on the Hotel this afternoon. This will be a winner for sure.
November 8, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Hi Thom,

I am really anxious to see how your production models turn out.
November 8, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBill Fornshell
I think you will approve. It will have a full interior on the first floor and I am thinking about doing two versions brick and wood.
November 10, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave