Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Question on HO

Just a quick question on scale for anyone. I did a quick test and made the HO scale free crossing tower, partly to see if I would be able to do it. Not only did it turn out alright, but it was quite fun! But I am a little worried about the scale. The tower is absolutely dwarfed by my trains and cars, which seems impractical, based on real life towers which stood far enough above the trains to see down the tracks. It isn't quite small enough to make me think it is N scale, but almost. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
December 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterPaul
Paul. It's not unusual for a printer to default to a setting of less then 100%. It is a small building with the door being only 6' as opposed to the standard 7' to 7.5'
You can also adjust size to taste within your printer (most printers allow for incremental sizing.
Your best bet however is to be sure that you are printing at 100% and not "fit to page" or with boarders turned on.
Hope this helps
December 11, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave
Gah! I checked that right after I posted the question and of course, you are right. No worries though. That one was just a test. Now I shall try my hand at something a little bigger and we'll see where we get. Thanks for the response!
December 11, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterPaul
Paul, I'm glad you asked. I am completely capable of making a mistake in scaling a kit. That one has been around so long Id hate to think there was a problem and no one said anything. I of course have built it 3 or 4 times.
I'm happy you like us. Welcome to the community.

Thom
December 12, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave