Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Issue with Pay-pal

Hi friends. Just wanted to take a moment to make you aware of a situation that recently occurred (and to vent cause I'm upset).
Recently, (9/12) a customer apparently complained to his credit card company, that a purchase in the amount of $16.90 was not made by him.
SUPPOSEDLY, after" thorough investigation", they (the credit card company) sent him back his money. BUT, they also initiated a CHARGEBACK to Pay-pal and added a $20.00 fee. Again, after "thorough investigation", this time by Pay-pal, they deducted the original $16.90 and the $20.00 fee from our Pay-pal account. I only found out about this because Pay-pal sent me a notice that they were "closing" the investigation. They said that they contacted me for my input, but they did not.
I know that the customer was just trying to make sure that his credit card was not being used fraudulently, and I'm sure he had no idea that Pay-pal would "fine" us, BUT, if you have a choice, I would much rather give you a refund directly.
OK, I feel better now. Thanks for listening to my rant. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
December 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Well, now that I have had some time to deal with this issue, I MUST APOLOGIZE TO PAY-PAL. I called them this afternoon and spoke with a customer service rep. I told her that I objected to not being able to respond to this claim before being charged. To make a long story short, she immediately, not only credited our account with the $20.00 that I disputed, but she credited back the original $16.90 that I wasn't questioning. So again I apologize to Pay-pal for jumping of half- @#!*% before allowing them to respond to me. Well done Pay-pal.
Dave
December 26, 2012 | Registered CommenterDave