Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Rivets for locomotives/metal structures

Thom and Dave,
Great work on your models! I have bought several now in different scales and it is especially nice as I am trying to decide between layout scales so scaling paper models is a lot easier than selling kits on ebay to buy new ones in another scale. I was just thinking of doing something especially nutty, some of the Athearn N scale old time locos like the 2-6-0 and 2-8-0 are a natural for use in narrow gauge, 1:120 scale... TTn3. A few hardy souls have done this. Well in thinking about modifying locomotives, especially in smaller scales, I was thinking that some rivet sheets would be really useful. Like in locomotive black, and graphite for smokeboxes, and maybe russian iron for the old time guys. The rivets on these sheets could be respaced by the modeler to fit whatever their need was, even right over a plan in photoshop. You could have different sized rivets on each one of the texture sheets. In smaller scales, heck from HO on down, any sort of rivet you can feel with your finger is grossly oversized and out of scale anyway... so why not use photo textures?
February 26, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJoel
joel:
try archer transfers
March 15, 2013 | Unregistered Commentermel perry