Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Printer help

I'm needing to replace a printer and I'm looking for ideas, obviously I want one that will do quality work when it comes to Clever Models kits, but I'm not a high quanity user of the printer. Any ideas that don't cost an arm and a leg?
March 14, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterSteven
Clever models recommends Epson. The cheaper the better. I use a refurbished C88+ . It was about $70 with ink, which will cost about $60 by its self when you need a refill so its like getting the printer free.
March 14, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
Steven,

I use several (3) different printers ranging in price from $27 to $300. The one printer I use often is a Cannon MP 250. I purchased this one at Walmart for $27.

The 250 for the price is outstanding. There is another Cannon printer now the shelves for about $35.

The 250 I pruchased came with a set of ink cartrides and a 5 ft USB cable.

A set of replacement cartrides will be the $50 range.

John
March 14, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
I use a Epson 4530 which has huge ink cartridges that cost around $26 for the colors and $36 for black and get great prints of the structures and textures. The ink lasts forever. I always loom for a printer whereby the paper goes straight through rather then being on a bottom load and has to roll to come out the front. I print on matte paper in draft mode.

Cheers,
Jeff
March 14, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJeff damerst
i purchased two epson's, based on the brother's testimony, an epson c88+, and a workforce 30 as a
backup, never know when you'll need it, both are outstanding, if you want cheap, shop amazon, or epson's
repair shop
March 15, 2013 | Unregistered Commentermel perry
I have used any number of inexpensive Dell inkjet (all-in-ones). Like John, I have a Cannon MP 250 variant that does just fine !

Jim
March 15, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore