Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Printer Magnification

When I print a freebee or any other models on the disc do I change the printer magnification to 100 percent? The crossing tower looks small to me, but then again I don't know what the prtotype size is. I am doing HO scale and any input would be helpful
Tom
April 25, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterTom
If your printer does not default to 100% then yes. Some have a "Fit to page" setting that will result in small models. Conversely the tower is a very small structure in reality. The bottom door is less then 7' You might find it more pleasing to your eye if it were up sized 10%.
I have on some rare occasions re scaled kits slightly to fit a specific footprint. Generally all of the kits are accurately scaled or match published drawings.
April 25, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
Thanks Thom,I measured this with my Ho scale rule and the door is as you say it's under 7 feet. I didn't think the building was that small.
Thank Tom
April 25, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterTom
Originally the kit (and it's one of our earliest) was based on published drawings. I don't remember the source but it was likely MRR craftsman from at least 9 years ago. pretty sure it was an urban tower and was small to fit a cramped space. Our Octagon tower which was based on one on the Milwaukee beer line was done around the same time is also on the small side but I've compared it to two other known models and it scales out correctly. like I said you can mess with the scale a bit, about +10%
April 26, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave