Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Metric card

Hi guys,
Am having problems printing out some of the kits.
Because "Letter" sized card is not available and I have to use A4 which is 0.2" narrower-this could be a problem for many european modellers.
What happens is the edge gets chopped off sometimes meaning detail is lost.
Is there any way of changing the margins so the printout fits A4?
A4 Paper size is 8.3" x 11.7" Letter size is 8.5"x11"

Otherwise very happy and have build quite a few in N
April 28, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMike S
Hello Mike.
Let me start with a question. Have you actually had the clipping of an image occur, or are you thinking that it might happen. The reason I ask is that we have sold hundreds of kits to folks all over the world who use A4 and so far, no one has said that they are having an issue. Second, we typically don't put any images anywhere near the edge of a sheet for just this reason. Check your printer to make sure your settings are for no reduction or 100% image size. Also look at your printer margin settings for a field called edge to edge. If that is selected, it can sometimes throw the size off. Lastly, If the you are clipping on some sheets, please let me know specifically which sheets and what printer you are using and we will see what can be done. Normally, most printers need at least an eight of an inch to grip the paper along the edges and the printers outside the US are not built differently than in the US so mechanically, there is no carriage width problem. Please let me know what you find out.
April 29, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Cheers Dave,
Have gone back and tried altering the settings on the printer and found a setting "auto center"
Printer is a HP Deskjet F2100
Tried that and everything printed out OK. previously without that clicked I was cropping the RHS of sheet 3 Quornset huts, and sheet1 Turbine House. as examples

Sorry to have troubled you but can now print everything.
April 29, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMike S