Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > New ad in MRH

Hey Folks, We are running a new and bigger add in MRH (you all read MRH right.) Model Railroad Hobbyist is a great online magazine if you haven't seen it. Anyway, I'd like your thoughts. How easy was it to find? Did the link work? Did you find it effective?
Ads are pricey so I appreciate any feedback. Especially now that the slow summer season is upon us, we need to try and maintain the growth we have enjoyed this year. We have never been closer to being a full time business.
Thanks,
Thom
May 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterThom
I found the link on pg. 64 and it worked fine, bringing me to your home page.

Since I was actively looking for your ad it seemed easy to find, however, it does get a bit mixed in with the others and might miss it if you’re not looking for it. On the other hand, what other option do you have?

Your web site is nice and I think pretty easy to get around so getting people there is the key...as well as product awareness.

Charlie
May 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
Actually, I read MRH but not regularly -- maybe every two or three months. As it turns out, I looked at the newest "edition" just last week! I must admit that I did not notice the Clever Models ad. In fact, I would suggest that the electronic "magazine" makes it almost too easy to avoid ads. I realize this is easier said than done, but getting someone to write an article about using cardstock models from you guys would be the best advertisement. They often include links within the article, itself. Good luck.
May 7, 2013 | Unregistered Commentermwbailey
Might I suggest a solid background behind the "Clever Models" logo itself, with the model in the rest of the pane. The logo gets lost in the model picture background.
May 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRon Thibault
Good feedback so far keep it coming.
May 8, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave
Most recent ad is MUCH more eye catching!
June 7, 2013 | Unregistered Commentercnwnorthline
Hey Thom, Just got a copy of Model Railroader's "50 Ways to a Better-Looking Layout" and noticed the reference to you guys on P. 20-21, "Build cardstock structures". I wonder if that doesn't get more business for you than an ad in the electronic magazine!! While other cardstock businesses are mentioned, since there are only four, you still get good press. . . .
June 26, 2013 | Unregistered Commentermwbailey
Without a doubt a mention in a magazine generates lots of interest and sometimes sales. A very early 6 page article in MR generated so much interest it put us behind on deliveries by 6 months and was the reason we went all digital.
June 26, 2013 | Registered CommenterDave