Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Single Edge Razor Blade Holder

I was going through my tools and found a holder for single edge razor blades. It is a Taskforce #0067279 Box Cutter. It has a flat metal handle with an interior blade holder/slide, that retratcts the edge inside the holder. I could send pictures to Thom to post, if he would like.
August 16, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRon Thibault
I just searched at the Lowe's site, and they carry them. They are about $1 with 6 blades.
August 16, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRon Thibault
Thanks Ron. I've been looking for this gadget for a while. Now all I have to do is drive 85 miles to the closest Lowe's since it is only sold in-store, not on-line! To bad Home Depot doesn't show it.
August 17, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig
Down here (Melbourne, Australia) we can get them at www.masters.com.au for $AUD1.50 (everything costs more down here).

Masters is a JV between Lowes and the Australian Woolworths group www.woolworths.com.au but it's not doing so well, has lost zillions since being established a couple of years ago.

Very useful thread, thanks !
August 18, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterScott MacLean
I was able to stop at a Lowes and found it right away in the tool isle. Have used it for a couple weeks and it works great. I prefer the single edge blade on small scales as the thin blade does not raise as much of a "burr" as the snap-off style cutters.
September 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig