Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Cream City Tool Works doors

About a month ago I downloaded the HO Cream City Tool Works kit. I've been working on Building A the last coupe of weeks, and ran into some problems. On the front wall, pages 1, 2 and 3 of file 1, the double doors printed separately are too small. I had to cut out the doors and trim from the building sides on other sheets to get the correct size. On pages 1 and 2 of file 2, the diagonal side, the door and windows provided are too small, and I had to go to other pages to find a door and windows that were a closer, but not perfect fit. I was able to cut out a door from a building side so that it had a margin of bricks around the frame to help fill in the extra space. Also, I had to trim the length of the diagonal side to get the building square. I was able to complete the building, but these problems did cause me some extra work.

Donald Albury
June 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Albury
Don, I took a look at the master file for this and did find that the window insets on Pages 1, 2 and 4 were 3% undersized. This has been corrected and anyone wanting the corrected pages can contact me directly at <tanimate@gmail.com>. The download file will be updated as soon as possible. No excuses. All I will say is it's an older kit. We have learned a lot over the last several years. I have personally built this kit 3 times and never noticed the problem.
thanks for bringing it to my attention so I could make adjustments.
June 16, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
Thom, I have that kit and since I am a really novice builder, how will I be able to get the corrections. I gave up on my first Creeky Roofing model and am starting again. I still have a problem. On the bottom of the building front and back is a section of very light gray stone foundation. Should this be cut off when constructing the building. I'm still confused.

Ron
June 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Yes that area gets removed it's only there to show the relationship of wall to foundation. I recommend that you build the entire foundation first. Install the brace Then complete each wall separately.
June 17, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
How did Cream City Tool Works get it's interesting name?
A little history would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, here is a great tips site!

http://www.trainweb.org/danderso/tips/scenery-tips.html

Thanks,
Clark
June 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCSAhomodeler
Cream city is the nickname for Milwaukee Wis. The creamy color of the local brick is the reason for the handle.
June 20, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
Thanks Thom, I hope you liked the link.
I am working on a multiple freebie hack
that will include every one of your freebies.
(except the Princeton brewery)
It's a dock scene.
I will post some pics as soon as possible.
I am over all very pleased with the outcome of these Freebies,
and soon I will probably add the marine supply store to the scene.
Thanks again,
Clark
June 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCSAhomodeler
To Ron, concerning Creeky Roofing. Stick with it & study the picture on the home page as well as the exploded view. You will be glad you did. It is a very nice structure when completed. You will gain confidence & will soon be looking for room to put them all!
June 25, 2014 | Unregistered Commenterjerry