Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Alternative to ACC glue

A fellow NMRA division member introduced me to Clever Models. I model the British prototype and card models are a staple in the UK and countries like Australia and Canada. In the UK a couple of companies sell pre-cut card models and I started card modeling with those. Over the last several years I've been downloading the (PDF) kits by ScaleScenes in Australia. I quickly switched from the recommended UHU tube glue once I discovered a glue specifically designed for card applications. It's made by a British company called Deluxe Materials (http://www.deluxematerials.com/) who make a wide range of hobby adhesives and other materials many under the ROKET label. Roket Card Glue works like ACC but looks like Elmers! The official description is: "Roket Card glue is an easy to use low viscosity adhesive enabling the rapid assembly of printed card models of all types including railway buildings, houses, and rockets. Roket card glue gives a very fast bond even on butt joints by positioning and pressing the parts together. It also has strong wicking action ideal for pre assembled close fitting joints."
I love this stuff. It's great to work with and is water clean up if things should get messy along the way. Another plus is each 50ml bottle comes with a fine tip applicator. A bottle lasts a longtime. It is available in the US but you have to search for it - it's distributed by Horizon Hobby. Personally I buy mine online direct from the UK either from Deluxe Materials or from one of the better online hobby shops/suppliers.
For the record I'm not involved with the company, I'm just a very happy customer.
September 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Chapple
Paul, thanks for the tip. I'd like to give it a try so I'll keep my eyes open.
September 16, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
It is available in the USA from Horizon Hobbies http://www.horizonhobby.com/
September 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Schmitt
Thom, Donald,

I just went to the Horizon web site. They show the Rocket Glue as in stock and they have a promo going for it. I ordered to units. The total price came to $20.83. That includes shipping.

John
September 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Paul, thank you for taking to post your findings with this glue, I will order some and give it a try.

Charlie
September 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie
These posts must have caused a run on the product. It is now "out of stock" at Horizon. Glad I ordered two before posting the link. They have been shipped so I should have them any day now.
September 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDonald Schmitt
Welllll, my order for the Rocket glue arrived yesterday AM. Of course I just had to try it. I am building a C-47 from Fiddler's Green and I wanted to butt-joint the fuselage parts. The Rocket glue worked just fine.

Donald, thanks for the tip.

John
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJohn
Paul,
Thanks for the tip on the glue. I got the last bottle they had and as soon as it showed up, I was trying it out . It is pretty amazing stuff and will certainly be used a lot for my modeling.

Thom and Dave,
Keep up the great work!

Bob
September 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBob Strom
I ordered two bottles from Horizon Hobby and it came in today. I tried it on a Fiddlers Green airplane I've been assembling; it works really well. THANK YOU PAUL!!!! No more super-glued fingers.
October 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig