Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Not exactly an engine house

While at Trainfest, I saw a great kit-bash of our Small Brick Machine Shop. It got me thinking about other modifications. If I just made a few changes in the front wall it might make a nice engine house or trolley barn.
So, I took a break from what I was working on and modeled the front wall. Came out really nice and I want to share it. I'm putting the 2 new sheets up in FREEBIES. If you have the machine shop, go grab these extras and have an engine house too.
November 13, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Hi Thom,

Interesting "Bash" but I don't see a "scale" so someone can make sure the model is the correct size when it is printed.

You might think about making the "Scale" part of the Clever Models logo so it isn't forgotten.

Bill
November 13, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBill Fornshell
Just looked at the new bash and have a few comments 1st I like the retrofit concept and offering a retrofit sheet at a modest price might be another option and money maker for the company The arched door clashes with the squared lines of the building I think a squared off door would be a better choice this also gives the option of a swinging door or a more modern roll up door I also think the Turbine House would make a better engine house than the machine shop If you like I will work up something using the Turbine House and send it to you Paul
November 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
I just downloaded the Small Brick Machine Shop/Engine House retrofit. I really like it. I do have a question about the build. I don't understand the placement of the two arched brick door sides with the tabs. Perhaps a picture of your build would answer the question.
November 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBill Laird
Bill, since the wall has depth i felt an interior door frame would add a bit of strength. you will need to make an opening in the rear facing wall to accept it. That would be page 4
November 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
Paul, the turban house strikes me as too urban for an engine house. but id be the lst to discourage creative exploration.
November 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterDave
you never returned my Email I was wondering if you got the Turbine House conversion and what your thoughts were
November 15, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri