Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Rescaling O to HO

If one prints the O scale download at a reduction of 55% to get an HO version The amount of wasted material is doubled and was wondering if the brothers would consider offering a service to reformat the pages to different scales at a minimun charge to reduce waste and give the modeler an O scale version as well as a model in the scale they are working in What brought this on a modeler I introduced to paper modeling wanted the Bruce Hotel in HO scale After trying to tell him how he could reduce the model He gave up and said he would only buy the HO kits from now on I felt obligated so I am reducing and reformatting the pages for him I think if the Brothers insist on only producing O scale kits they should offer an option to give the modeler what he wants
May 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterPaul Egri
Paul
If you have followed us in the blog and these discussions, you already know that we took quite a bit of flack when we made the decision to produce our kits in O only. You should also be aware that many of our followers provided information on how to print more than one sheet on a page. I suggest you use our search engine to look that information up. In other words, while we may from time to time produce a kit in another scale, our policy remains as is.
May 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
"After trying to tell him how he could reduce the model He gave up and said he would only buy the HO kits from now on I felt obligated so I am reducing and reformatting the pages for him"

If he's worried about the expense of wasting parts of sheets of paper, maybe he should compare the cost of printing a cardstock model against the cost of a similar laser-cut wood kit.

Even if I granted that he can only print at 55% with a lot of "wasted" cardstock, I'd argue that no matter what the scale, a given Clever model takes X number of sheets of inexpensive cardstock to build it, and he'll still come out way ahead.
May 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDan H
As far as offering modelers options and what they want. I feel comfortable with offering well over a hundred kits for about $10 bucks ea. and more coming.
May 22, 2015 | Registered CommenterDave