Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Akron Machine Model

I am working on the Akron model. Can anyone tell me if something is missing? Two piece are to be attached to the front and back of the building, one on the right side and one on the left side of each.. Apparently they are meant to wrap around the side. I can see no way this can be done. Four pieces are provided and they are identical. In order to wrap around, two pieces would have to be reversed. Even if that was the case I still can not see how they could be attached because the side walls have columns that would keep the pieces from fitting.
August 4, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Ron
That is a mistake in the kit that I have just never got around to fixing. The easy solution is to just remove the part of the brick flap that would "apparently" wrap around the back. All you want to keep is enough brick to form the side of the pilaster and "IF YOU WANT", enough additional to make a gluing tab. I guess I should get around to fixing it.
Sorry,
Dave
August 4, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Dave, I plan to try some kind of fix since I put a lot of time in on this model before I realized the problem. If you ever get around to fixing it would you please let me know. Thanks for your speedy reply.
August 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Try whatever you want Ron, but the fix I suggested is really simple.
August 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski