Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Akron Tool

I have just finished building the 4 walls of Akron Tool. Since there are no instructions I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with the roof. I haven't a clue on how it is attached to the sides and front. How is the length of it supported? If any one has any drawings, could you please send them to me. I do have a variety of pictures of the model but they don't help me. I've put in a lot of time building this model and I don't want to mess it up now. Thanks.
August 19, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterRon
Ron, I'll take some pictures of my N scale build of Akron Machine Co. which I believe will help you. I you would post your email address I'll send them to you.
August 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig
The roof is a challenge. I bit hard to visualize. There is a useful line drawing on the roof art sheets you might want to take another look. It can be built with the optional arched roof as well.
The toughest part is that there are wells on either side that then go up the side walls and over the wall top like a cap. Trust the fold lines and I believe it will become clear.
August 20, 2015 | Registered CommenterDave
Ron - if you don't want to give out your email address you can see the photos I just took as the newest additions to my PhotoBucket (5 pix)

http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/RdgNgineer/library/?sort=3&page=1
August 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Rarig
Ron
If you look at the side walls you will see a gray strip near the top. There may be fold lines shown or not. It's an old kit. We weren't very careful, back then. Both places where the bricks meet the gray area are fold lines that should bend down. The line where the brick meets the black tarpaper is another fold line that should fold up. That makes a shelf that supports either version of the roof that you build. I also suggest that you make yourself some angle supports (just bend some scrap into an angle iron shape) and use them to support the ends of the roof to the end walls.
August 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski