Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Mercantile alternatives

I'm working on a mod of the O scale mercantile. I'm going to build it as a rectangle and not a wedge. Could you tell me the texture you used. I would like to have the side walls without graphics also.

A suggestion: Include a list of textures with the models to make moding easier.

I've built at least ten of your models and typically make changes to the structures to fit my needs/tastes.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. Release the coaling tower, we'll figure it out. I'm saving my pennies!
November 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJoe Heasley
Ya know Joe, that's a really good question. I'm not 100% sure it was one of the textures we have available. Back when the Merc Kit was new, we weren't too careful about things like that. (We're still not, but we are better.) I would say that it could be texture T15 Distressed Yellow Clapboard. On the textures page it is in the top row, all the way over on the right. If that's not good enough, let me know, maybe we can find exactly what was used and make it available, but that might take some time.
November 20, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
T15 looks right. Saving for the texture disk Vol. 1. Completed the Merchantile build as a rectangle. Kept the advertizing. Looks great. Discovered the two side walls are different lengths, though. Resulted in the back wall being angeled a few degrees. kept this for some unique flavor to the model. Make lemons out of lemonade. :)
December 4, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJoe Heasley