Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > A request for feedback from our curtomers outside the USA.

Based on a couple of customer questions, I have been wondering if we have been doing a disservice to our many customers who use the Metric System.

This has to do with A4 sized sheets used in most of the known universe vs 8-1/2" x 11" sized sheets used in the United States.

Since an A4 sheet is considerably narrower than the 8-1/2" I am used to, have you experienced any problems with images being clipped at the right and left margins?

I was recently reviewing a few of our older O Scale kits and noticed that some of the printing gets pretty close to the edges. It probably hasn't caused any issues in the US, but I'm not so sure of that with our international friends.

We typically try to leave at lease a 1/2" (12.7mm) margin on all sides, but I noticed that especially on some of the newer kits designed in O scale, that we are really pushing the boundries.

Please let me know if this has caused you a problem and what you might have done to correct it, even if it is to just throw the kit away and never complain about it.

One other thing I'd like to know. I'm a O Scaler, so I work in 1:48. To my O Scale brothers and sisters abroad, what proportions do you typically use, 1:45, 1:43.5, something else?

As we try to improve our business in the upcomming new year, I would really appreciate hearing anything you have to say reguarding this area.

Please contact me directly at <mize1@sbcglobal.net>. As the conversation develops, I will share it in the blog.

Thanks for your help.
December 28, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
Oh no, everything is fine. Because i have to resized every part to g-scale before i print out.
December 28, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterAlex
No problem here. I work in HO-scale with your excellent products! Regards.
January 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJohan
No problems so far although have had to join to sheets together for large warehouse, all problems so far have been self inflicted.
Still buying far more of your kits than I need just because like the look of them and think might use them one day or perhaps just build them for fun.

Keep them coming

Many Thanks Roger on East Coast of UK
February 16, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterRoger
Have built several of your excellent kits and I have noticed that the more I build the better I get. Thanks for really lovely kits
October 24, 2016 | Unregistered Commentertrevor