Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Megow

Has anyone heard of Megow cardstock building kits? A friend gave me 4 or 5 of them. They are probably from the '40s. Certainly not the quality of the Clever kits. I was told that Megow started out making glue & there is a small tube in the boxes. I have no interest in keeping them, so if anyone would like them, let me know...
September 4, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterjerry
Jerry,
I'd be very interested in them. We here at Clever Models like to acquire any vintage railroad cardstock models we can. We hope to be able to display them one day. Until then, at least preserve them. Are you giving them away or selling them or what? If selling, would you consider a trade?
September 4, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
These were given to me & i'm not looking to make a profit. You would be the ideal person to have them since you will preserve & possibly exhibit them. Send your address to me at jjleeds& live.com. Still have a few structures to build, so a trade won't be necessary. Also have a coaling station made by The ideal Aeroplane & Supply Co. The instructions are dated 1939. can't guarantee all parts are there as the boxes are far from pristine. Maybe some Creaky Shingles to cover the postage. jerry
Sorry address should be jjleeds@live.com....but you probably figured that out.
MEGOW. There is a name I have not heard for years. Yes, they would probably be from the 40's. Megow made rolling stock kits, too. They had printed card stock sides, wood blocks for the floor and roof, and trucks with cast lead side frames. Almost no detail, just lumps of lead. But they rolled ok. My but we have come a long way! CLEVER rolling stock would put them to shame.
September 4, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterbob bruce