Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Future freebies

Everybody likes FREE stuff and everybody especially likes our freebie kits. BUT wile there is always something free available you never know what it is or when a new kit is going to be available. And sometimes there is a long wait for a new one.
Well, we are working on a way to change that. How about if you knew ahead of time what the kit was (maybe) and when it would be
released (definitely) AND it would happen more often.
I'VE GOT KITS READY TO SET FREE
I can tell you right now that the next free kit will be a two story farmhouse. It's a beauty.
We are going to tie freebies to sales, X number of sales (not dollars but number of sales) and a new freebie goes up AND we are hoping to have an on screen counter so you will know exactly when to expect it.
We don't have the counter yet but starting NOW Fed 2nd 2018 The next 200 sales, small or large doesn't matter and the very cool Farm house will be Free to everyone. EVERYONE. :)
February 2, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
Not to complicate things, but I guess this will. I understand that you have to sell a certain number of kits to be able to have a free one, but if I see a free kit that I really like I have to depend on others to be able to get that kit. Why not put a price on the kit & have even that purchase count against the 200 number. Or do you plan to offer the kit free after a certain amount of time? I have no idea how many kits you sell in a month, so I have no idea how long I will have to wait or if it would be offered for sale after a certain amount of time.
February 3, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterjerry
The idea is that it will be a more regimented schedule. As it is now, free kits appear when ever I get in the mood. This way, people will be able to exert some control over when a kit is offered. Right now the magic number is 200 sales. That can take a month or 4 months or a week. It's going to be up to the people. Usually, when we put up a freebie we get a small bump in sales. A marketing course I'm taking says that that is backwards and I need to tie rewards to sales. Freebies are generally made available for sale 6 months after release.
Id love to offer a free download every month and I can't see why that couldn't happen.
February 4, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
Just bought two kits: The brick garage and the new wooden tanks. Can't wait for the farmhouse!
February 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDan H
As of today the count is at 140. At that rate we will be giving away the farmhouse in under two weeks. Looks like this will work out well. I'd like nothing more then to have a new freebie available every month.
The farm house is a beauty. It's my intention that the free kits be every bit as great as the for sale kits. I already have the next one in mind.
Thom
March 5, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
The count is 185 ..... 15 to go. I am excited. I want to let this freebie fly and get on to the next one.
March 15, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
Sorry, I didn't know I would be out of town when we hit the magic number. We are at 204. The kit is ready but the instructions are in my pocket on a jump drive. I've had difficulty sending them through normal channels, but will continue to try.
The counter will start anew at 4+ however many sales occur. Rest assured the delay will be short. I can hardly wait to see what you guys and gals do with the kit.
The next freebie is already in the works. It will be a recognizable freight house and loading ramps, possibly an attached warehouse. More details and pix when I get back to town next week.
Thom
March 21, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom
The Farm house is up, having reached 200 sales last week. We have a healthy start on the next 200.
The next freebie isn't set in stone. but right now it's looking like the Railway Express building at Incline is a candidate. Comments? Another possibility is a covered water tower on the RSRL RR.
March 27, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
109 as of this morning. If this keeps up,I will have to do a freebie every month and nothing will make me happier.
Keep telling me what you want. I'm working on a stiff leg derrick that might make a good offering.
April 10, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom