Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > Your opinions matter

As we go forward with the new way of releasing free kits, it's more important than ever that I hear about what people want. It looks like we may be making a new free kit available about every 5 weeks. As I write this, we are already approaching a new release date. (we are about 50 sales away) While I have the next couple of kits ready to go, I have to be mindful of what people want. There's no way that I will always have a winner. Some folks just won't find every model useful or to their liking, but my goal is to always offer something useful.
Also, as a new freebie goes up, the past one will come down or become a "for sale" kit among our regular offerings. The more I hear from you, our friends and users, the more I can keep up with what's needed and wanted.
Thanks folks.
April 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Hello Thom and team Clever:
My personal interest is in brick, railroad centric structures, but that is just me.
I think you have most of the city industries represented well except one, the city gas station.
Something along the lines of a Craftsman Kit (Jefferson Ice House comes to mind) in terms of detail.
You already have the ceramic/porcelain from the White Castle kit, and that is what I think would sell well in a gas station. You could also do a brick version with the same layout.
One caveat, gas stations do have a lot of details that might not lend themselves well to cardstock and someone looking to do this project might take a Mixed Media approach. Meaning purchase gas pumps, stack of tires, tools etc. as third party addition.
Since a project like this could not be a free kit, (and I don’t think it should) maybe you can make the free kit a Gas Sign, or roof sign/detail or some type of accessory that might encourage someone to try the free kit and then purchase the full kit?
Anyway, you asked so that is my thoughts on the matter.
Love the kits and keep them coming (Quality not quantity) is what I am looking for and hopefully others that have way more skill than I do.
Charlie
April 23, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie Tucek
I agree with Charlie, by and large. However, my layout is so small that I prefer small structure -- filling station or smaller. So, shacks, sheds, storage buildings, etc., would be my preference. Maybe structures of that size would not be hard to develop; or maybe they would. If it takes as much time to do a small shack as a manufacturing plant, the latter might be the best bet for you folks. You would probably feel better about putting a decent price on a large structure than a small one once it no longer was a freebie.

I wish I had more room -- maybe I'll add a shelf and need a pulp mill!!
April 23, 2018 | Unregistered Commentermwbailey
Good suggestions. I hope they keep coming. I thing a small gas station is a grand idea. I have started such a kit but yes the pumps and such would be a challenge . I'd likely offer them and then if someone wants to use a 3rd party casting, that would be fine. Look foe such a kit in a couple of months. Probably a Freebie. cause we're crazy.
April 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
How about a barn to go with the farm house
April 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterEdward Boulton
test
April 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDave Miecznikowski
The barn is a good idea. Maybe with some advertising on the roof for Mail Pouch Tobacco.

Also, a rural gas station would be fun.
April 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDan H
(If you made the globes on top of the gas pumps flat, a little dollop of canopy glue on each side could give them a reasonable 3D effect in the smaller scales...)
April 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDan H
Thats a really good idea Dan. I'll have to try it
April 25, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
barn is great and I'll probably do one but they are big. I have to give it some thought first. I am doing a couple of silo structures so, yes I have to do a barn. What does everyone think
April 25, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
How about a simple interlocking tower? I don't think you've done one of those before, have you? :)
April 26, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDanBeresford
If you go with the barn, I'd also like a nice red barn texture, in new and distressed versions.
April 27, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDan H
I like the idea of a small dairy barn. Perhaps something a little wider than the rustic engine house but the same length, in faded red paint and typical barn roof with hay loft. That way the kitbashing possiblities would be multiplied. Choice of boarding in either weathered wood or faded paint, choice of roof styles. I have a good collection of your discs as well as both of the texture collections, but think that the barn is something that isn't often offered. It would suit just about any location in North America so would have almost universal appeal.
May 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterWeston Rhodenizer
and maybe with a faded "Mail Pouch" ad... either on the roof or on the side.
May 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterWayne
Im currently living in rural indiana. Lots of barns and im looking for the right candidate. Im already working on a silo.
May 3, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterthom