Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > 3rd. freebie is up.

Just put up the 3rd. freebie since our new scheduling went into effect.
June 16, 2018 | Registered CommenterDave
This is only an observation so please dont take it as destructive criticism if you google river barges you will see that these are large vessels 35 feet wide by 195 feet long this makes for a very impractical model on all but the largest of model railroads However by combining the parts of this kit and with the dimensions supplied a very nice kitbash can be made a barge of 65 to 85 feet is very respectable in HO or N scale the textures are very nicely done so this is a worthwhile project For those wanting a small barge or keel boat I might suggest reworking this with one of your wooden textures I hop I havent offended anyone with my comments Now for a real kitbash challenge a river tug to push the barge along would be a challenging project and making it a stern wheeler would be the icing on the cake
June 22, 2018 | Unregistered Commenterpaul egri
Not being tied to prototypes, and already having used a "N"scale barge on my HO railroad, I'm finding this a very useful little kit. My harbour is based on the Rice Harbour project railroad from MR so small barges are excellent. The challenge is converting/kitbashing the Clever Model Clyde Puffer to a reasonable facsimile of a small harbour tug. The hull shape is good. Its underway but pictures are a long way off The idea is to fill in the hold and move the bridge forward over it. This is what's fun about paper. You don't lose a lot of cash in "playing" with ideas. Thanks Clever Models. I also have currently underway a harbour dredge which was using your "O"scale sheet steel textures to make the barge hull, with your rivet strips from the extras in the Textures 2 collection for the hull joints and angles. I tend to get distracted with work and other commitments and jump from project to project but paper and card is very forgiving and even if I end up tossing the works to start over I still have had enjoyment in the process.
June 22, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterWeston Rhodenizer
As the primary designer I often have to make decisions dealing with compression. The barge is as large as it can be on 8.5 x 11 card. Personally I feel it captures the feel of a river barge rather well. I'm very pleased with it and Dave's test model is beautiful. I'm pretty sure most of the model harbors are not to scale as well. Please try to keep in mind "it's FREE"
June 23, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom
Over here in the UK I'm making a competition diorama, restricted to 16ins square. My idea requires a river barge with a maximum length of 8ins. Just about to start building one from scratch when, lo, Clever Models sends me one for free! Many thanks & keep up the good work.
June 25, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterBob Machin
Your welcome. It's nice to be appreciated.
June 26, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThom