Solution Graphics
This area does not yet contain any content.

Discussion > New Website!

So what does everyone think of our new look and feel? I'm still working out the kinks but I anticipate to be up and running fully soon! By the way this is Phil. Dave's son. He had asked that I help out with the website, so I'll be running the show for now till I can teach the old guys how everything works. Please if you have any issues or comments post them here or email me.

May 26, 2009 | Registered CommenterPhil

I think it looks pretty good... Still need to finish a lot of the links and I think the pictures of the the guys need to be updated. But I will make sure I tell them that one. Looks good bud keep up the awesome work!

May 27, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterMatt

I think it looks great and works great too. I'll be updating photos as soon as I can.
Really good work.

July 2, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterThom M

Congratulations on the new website. It looks great, so far. I look forward to seeing the new discs. Keep up the good work and, as usual, I'll keep sending pictures of my latest version of models, using your textures, etc. I'm in the middle of a brewery kit that I am modifying and using a lot of the texture disc material.

Jim

July 2, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterJim Gore

As always, I can't wait to see what you do with our product.

July 2, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterThom M
Pardon me guys but the images are too small, particularly for the texture sheets and the structures. If you're worried about us ripping you off print something over the image. The texture sheets do not have enough field to get a feel for how the texture will read in a large area. Same applies to a lesser extent to the wall flats. However, there you have a scale problem. Since we know that the sheets are 8.5x11 we can kind of figure out what the scale of the elements are but it would be nice to have an accurate number. Still think your product and site topics are dyn-a-mite but please give these tired old eyes a break.

August 15, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterBobby Lobster
To continue. Since the building flats are shown in HO scale how do we know how much wall we get in, say, O scale. Does the sheet get bigger or do we have to calculate it? And do we get almost teince as much wall in N scale or does the sheet get smaller? Important information for customer to know guys. I( liike your site guys and pareticularly this page. I guess you know what that means.
August 15, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterBobby Lobster
Bobby,
Thanks for your comments. I'll try to address your questions as best I can.

First, the sheet size is always the same. The printed area is roughly 8" x 9.5".

Second, you can conclude that on things like the wall flats that you will get about half of what you see on the HO sheet in O scale and about twice as much in N scale.

Third, now that you mention it, the texture samples are kind of small. I will seriously think about making them larger in size, but it won't happen overnight.

Thanks for your comments. We DO want to hear about these kinds of issues.

Dave
August 16, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterDave
Wow!!! Come on guys, it's getting worse!!!!!! A few years ago I bought some buildings and texture sheets from you which I think I bought direct and now I can't even do that. What's going on here?

Too busy to sell your Product? Des Plaines Hobbies doesn't even have you in their data base. Park Lane Hobbies is a low level, aesthetically challanged doll house/slot car site which makes you want to click out before you throw up, same with Greenfields which also seems to sell fudge or candy or something and Mesa Models doesn't have you in their advanced search and only two of your buildings in their O scale listings. I used to do a lot of business with Mesa buy the way, but their site has changed and degraded also to the point where I usually go directly to the manufacturer or one of their competition. None of these sites except Mesa even provides for on-line shopping. The rest of your vendors don't even have URLs. This is the kind of network you are depending on to sell your product?

It doesn't work that way guys. Ths is the INTERNET. Its a shop, point and click world. If the vendor doesn't have it we move on. If your inventory is not in the vendor's data base we move on. We don't waste time sending emails to vendors to find out how much of your inventory they stock, if any, and how, if and when we can get the product, it's point and click.

I originally accessed this site yesterday to pick up two more of your buildings. I am not inclined to mess around with a bunch of vendors who are not even set up to accomodate INTERNET shopping. What's going on here. You lost a sale. Are you people serious. Is it all about CDs now? How disappointing, and I'm sure I was one of your biggest boosters.
August 16, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterBobby Lobster
Bobby,
Thank you for your comments. Now if you don't mind, I'll make a couple of my own. I don't understand why you don't seem to be able to buy direct. Go to a disk, add it to your shopping cart and pay with pay-pal. Ah, maybe you want something in a scale that's not on disk yet. All I can say there is, take the time to send me an email. It surely won't take any more time than it took to write the comment you just posted. Everyone wants everything now. Well, somethings are worth waiting for. After all you took a couple of years to come back to order a second time. By the way, I checked MY database and and your not in it. Are you sure you bought direct last time. Anyway, I also can't control how shops that sell my products do it. I'm just glad that they do. Also, I think you would be amazed at just how many customers I have out there that still don't have a computer. I sell an awfull lot of product to them. it just takes a bit longer. It's called personal service. I have to cater to all of them to stay in business and so far I've done OK. I'm truly sorry that I lost your sale, but you won't get the buildings that you were looking for anywhere else. All I can say is that eventually, almost everything we make currently or have made will again be available at the click of a button, but it will take some time.
Dave Miecznikowski
Clever Models LLC
August 16, 2009 | Registered CommenterDave